It is a top priority to employ the latest technology and techniques available. This allows agencies an opportunity to achieve the best results possible and to solve cases that were unsolveable before.
- STRmix™ is a breakthrough in the field of Forensics! It can solve cases that were unsolveable.
- The M-VAC® is a superior wet vacuum collection technique that collects the maximum amount of DNA possible.
- 24-locus multiplex STR kits are more sensitive and can be used with smaller amounts of DNA than ever before to generate DNA profiles in cases where you may have gotten no or insufficient results before.
STR DNA Analysis
Our DNA analyst utilize STR testing, which evaluates specific regions (loci) that are found in nuclear DNA, to discriminate one DNA profile from another. Our STR tests include the original CODIS 13 core loci as well as the newest 20 CODIS core loci outlined by the FBI.
All DNA Analysis is performed on the Applied Biosystem 3130xl instruments.
STR Amplification Kits
DNA Labs can work with any commercially available STR Kit on the market.
24-locus Multiplex STR kits available:
- PowerPlex® Fusion System
- Direct amplification using the PowerPlex® Fusion System
- GlobalFiler® PCR Amplification Kit
- GlobalFiler™ Express PCR Amplification Kit
- Qiagen Investigator 24plex QS Kits with Quality Sensor
PowerPlex® Fusion System
The PowerPlex® Fusion System is a 24-locus multiplex for human identification applications including forensic analysis, relationship testing and research use. This extended panel of STR markers is intended to satisfy both CODIS and ESS recommendations.
The PowerPlex® Fusion System works well with extracted DNA samples, including low amounts of template DNA, mixtures and inhibitor-laden samples. The PowerPlex® Fusion System also is compatible with direct amplification, enabling streamlined STR databasing efforts.
The GlobalFiler® PCR Amplification Kit, 24-locus STR kit that combines maximum compatibility with global databasing loci standards, with dramatically reduced amplification time and superior discrimination power, helping to enable forensic DNA labs worldwide to maximize information recovery and improve overall efficiency. The GlobalFiler® kit is part of a fully integrated and validated forensic DNA workflow backed by best-in-class global training, service, and support. This kit is optimized for casework samples.
DNA Labs International implements the latest cutting edge technology available to process forensic DNA casework. We can work with any commercially available chemicals/kits on the market. We utilize the methods, kits and instrumentation listed below that allow us to provide the most accurate results with very quick turnaround times.